PGP039: Bravado vs Knowledge, All in how you say it.
Bravado vs Knowledge, The words we say and our actions in a new lifestyle will set the tone as far as how people talk to us.
I'm a Prepper vs. I'm learning to Camp.
Bravado vs Knowledge is all in how you say it that determines how they respond. In an attempt to acquire knowledge and basic information we need to understand our needs. When you say, with your "Out Loud Voice" I'm Getting into Prepping! people will assume, and project their bias into the information they give you.
Our actions, as well as our words, always determines the outcome of the situations we are in. It's like the old adage, Dress for Success, people judges us by our actions, words and even the clothing we wear
In this Episode we touch on:
- Explaining to a gun shop owner that you're looking for a handgun for personal protection will get you better service than saying, you're afraid of the end of the world and a societal collapse.
- When you buy food storage it is better to tell the clerk that you are planning on an extended hiking Adventure then letting them think that you're paranoid and will spend any amount of money to get what you need.
- When we gain knowledge we must disseminate from the bravado to acquire knowledge. There are thousands of prepper websites out there, you must find the one that fits your needs best, I would recommend doing your research incognito.
- As a novice you want to keep this process simple and to the basics, as you move from intermediate to Advanced you will know what you're looking for and the best way of finding it.
- The reason for all this is simple, you don't want to tell people that you are prepared and that you have a stockpile of food guns and ammunition, it is bad operational security and may get you killed in a grid down situation.
- There is always a list of 10 reasons why you should do this or that, and on the next Blog, there will be a list of 10 reasons why you shouldn't do this or that, so what do you do?
- It is my recommendation that all Preppers start by learning Bushcraft Skills, the requirements in Gear for Bushcraft are not complex and most of them can be manufactured by you.
- Once you have the basic skills down you can move into Gear and by studying Bushcraft you will have a better idea of what Gear you truly need and how to use it or make it.
It is easy to get caught up in all of the details when we start something new in life, being able to gather the correct knowledge will help us stay alive and not die in any survival situation. Only you can determine what knowledge is needed, and where you get it from, I hope this show helps you know what to look for and how to look for it.
Episode 40: we will discuss how to find an upside to most bad situations. How to get past survivor's guilt and have a good time during the collapse after an EMP, Say What?
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, need information or guidance, please email me: email@example.com
"Offering Focus and Clarity To Reluctant Preppers For What Matters Most"
About the Author
Every decision we make should err on the side of adaptability whether at work or at home, join a gym or take up hiking? The food we eat, should we grow it or hunt it? The decision-making paradigm we have chosen in life will determine the outcome of the crap-fest that may come our way, a job loss, medical problems, power outage from a storm, or even a zombie apocalypse. Therefore, every goal we set, skill we acquire, and piece of gear we purchase should be thought out, and truly fit our need to Survive.