The First Thanksgiving & A quick Wrap-up on Prepping
This is the last of our series on Prepping and the 4 steps to be or get Prepared. And a brief history on the First Thanksgiving in a new world.
- We have made the choice to become Prepared because Bad things happen to Good People
- Now we are going to start Camping/Hiking so we can get out into the "Wild" and learn some basic Skills and Making a list of our needs and any family members needs
- So now we move Left or Right on the Step we are on to focus on the Diet thing, this is where we choose the path based on a
desireto Eat Right and become less dependent on the Super Market Diet.
- Learn all we can to either Hunt or Garden and start acquiring the tools and Equipment you will need. Choosing one path saves you tons of cash because you are focused on that main part of your Prepping Stuffs. You will no longer be going from one subject to the other.
It's hard to explain but when you start out, it is so easy to become distracted and confused, you will hear things like "Get your Beans, Band-aids and Bullets together". But if you are not going to eat Beans, why buy a bunch of those, Right? If your thoughts on getting out of Dodge is a small vehicle or on foot, do you want a lot of heavy bullets?
So your plan will be very YOU Driven, to avoid becoming Overwhelmed you will need to do some thinking about your needs and Diet. Fallow these Easy steps and you can stay on track, Your Track.
The First Thanksgiving
The Pilgrims were Separatist and not happy with the Church of England, The Church of England, under the rule of King James the First, was persecuting anyone who did not recognize its absolute civil and spiritual authority. Those who challenged the Churches authority, and those who believed strongly in freedom of worship, were hunted down, imprisoned, and sometimes executed for their beliefs.
So they left England and went to Holland and established a community, after 11 years they boarded the Mayflower, with 102 passengers, including forty Pilgrims led by William Bradford. The Pilgrims landed in New England in November and according to Bradford's journal, it was a cold, barren, desolate wilderness, there were no friends to greet them, he wrote.
- 1620 the Pilgrims came to the Americas, they were the opening Band for the Founding Fathers
- A Compact to try Socialism before it was called Socialism
- During the first winter, half the Pilgrims -- including Bradford's own wife -- died of either starvation, sickness or exposure. Winter 20 Pilgrims 0
- Learned from and taught the Indians much
- The Socialist/Commune style of living fails...Miserably
- Private Property and a Free Market system Saves them from starvation
Be Thankful and have a Fantastic Thanksgiving From me, to all of You, Mark the Prepper Guy :)
"Offering Focus and Clarity To Reluctant Preppers, For What Matters Most"