Independence Day, A Day to Mourn!
Imagine if you will, what it might be like without Independence, to always have someone else telling you what to do, where and how to live, and especially what to wear? Well, before the Declaration of Independence it wasn’t a free country, and colonists felt angry toward Great Britain for always imposing taxes (without Representation) on them and basically telling them how they should live.
That's not that hard to imagine is it? Today we live under those same types of rules and regulations, but we don't blame Great Britain, we embrace others telling us what to do, where and how to live, and what to wear, as the new Normal.
What is Independence Day?
- In 1776, independence meant freedom and liberty the ability to own property and to live your life on that property as you saw fit.
- On July 4th, the Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence, which had been written largely by Jefferson.
- Though the vote for actual independence took place on July 2nd, from then on the 4th became the day that was celebrated as the birth of American independence.
Do we have any of that (Independence) left?
- Do you EVER really own your home? No, not as long as it can be taken from you for not paying your property taxes. You’re simply paying rent to the government under threat of eviction. Ah, but what about the Children? They need schools, parks and that all important After School Programs, Right?
- Can you EVER open a Business without Tens of Thousands of Dollars in Regulations being paid first? No you can't, first you need a Permit and you can't get one of those without Architectural drawings and their not Free either.
- Can your kids EVER open a Lemonade Stand? NO!
And why do we celebrate it?
- Celebrations of the Fourth of July became more common as the years went on and in 1870, almost a hundred years after the Declaration was written, Congress first declared July 4 to be a national holiday as part of a bill to officially recognize several holidays, including Christmas.
- Further legislation about national holidays, including July 4, was passed in 1939 and 1941. How Very Nice of them to pass legislation to recognize Independence, kind of an oxymoron don't you think?
America and we American people have lost our spirit of independence, and now fear Freedom and true Liberty more than tyranny. I guess we could shrug and say “It was a good idea while it lasted” and move on, or we could band together and change things. I have come to the conclusion, with 300 million Americans with the same number of agendas, that will never happen.
You can't unscramble an Egg and we passed the point of no return over a hundred years ago so all that is left to do is mourn Americas passing. The 4th of July is now like a trip to a loved one's grave to grieve, there is a scene of loss and sorrow, but not a damn thing you can do about it, they, like our Independence, are gone.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
Now, I'm not bitter really, just sad and a little disappointed in those we entrusted with this once Great Nation. They have turned us against one another and wrecked all that was special. This is not the put all the blame on Our Politicians, we had a hand in it too. We traded our Liberty for Security and in doing so we let America slip away and into their hands.
Just like when a storm takes your home and wrecks your property you have to wait untell things calm down to roll up your sleeves and get to work. The work is hard and dirty, but must be done. If you leave it to someone else, they will rebuild things their way, so it is up to you and me.
Unfortunately, the way Government works these days, the storm rages on 24/7 and that is how they like it, you have no break in the weather, Shit Storm and crisis after another. We need to be like the Linemen and First-Responders, face the Storm and get the job done. Man-up and put on our Big-Boy pants, time to get to work or go without. But if you think, or feel, that we in America need more regulations and Government Programs then you are like the debris blowing in this storm.
Now I could be wrong, it's happened once before, but I can't see 300 million people agreeing on more Liberty because it is a scary thing to be Free.
- Free to Fail, make a mistake and have failure knocking at your door.
- Free to go Broke, WHAT no safety-net provided by all the other people in the U.S.A.
- Free to be Wrong, and have no one the blame but yourself, are you Mad?
This is why I say "A Time to Mourn" it's not disrespectful, just acceptance. Maybe it's time for America to grieve and then have some Closure. Flowers on the grave, some tears, then get to work, so this won't happen to our posterity any longer. Basic Constitutional Principles will Save America.
About the Author
Every decision we make should err on the side of adaptability whether at work or at home, join a gym or take up hiking? The food we eat, should we grow it or hunt it? The decision-making paradigm we have chosen in life will determine the outcome of the crap-fest that may come our way, a job loss, medical problems, power outage from a storm, or even a zombie apocalypse. Therefore, every goal we set, skill we acquire, and piece of gear we purchase should be thought out, and truly fit our need to Survive.