PGP041: Diet, Carbohydrates and Diabetes
Carbohydrates and Diabetes, Yes carbohydrates raise insulin levels because they turn into Blood Sugar once eaten. This will cause your body to store fat, and not Burn it as energy.
This is why Ranchers send their cattle to Feed Lots and why Moonshiners have used grains and starches for decades to make Whiskey .
It takes Sugar to make Alcohol, so if potatoes aren't full of sugar, how do the Russians make Vodka? Let's face facts, our bodies are biochemical processing plants, and what we eat is what it processes.
Fruits and Low-Carb – The primary goal of low-carb diets is carb restriction (duh).
This involves limiting the foods that are highest in carbohydrates, including the usual suspects like candy, sugary soft drinks, root vegetables like potatoes, as well as grain products like pasta and bread.
But fruit, despite the health halo, also tend to be fairly rich in carbohydrates, primarily the simple sugars glucose and fructose.
Any food label shows this information, and Carbohydrate, are sugar, even the"Natural" kind. This is from a Medium Banana.
Cellulose, a complex carbohydrate, or polysaccharide, consisting of 3,000 or more glucose units (Sugar). The basic structural component of plant cell walls, cellulose comprises about 33 percent of all vegetable matter and is the most abundant of all naturally occurring organic compounds.
Nondigestible by man, cellulose is a food for herbivorous animals (e.g., cows, horses) because they retain it long enough for digestion by microorganisms present in the alimentary tract.
Used in the manufacture of such items as plastics, photographic films, and rayon. Other cellulose derivatives are used as adhesives, explosives, thickening agents for foods, and in moisture-proof coatings. Sounds Yummy!
- Some argue humans cannot form fat from non-fat sources a process called lipogenesis. This is not true as research shows that carbohydrate overfeeding can form as much as 170 grams per day of new fat with 98% forming in adipose tissue and 2% in the liver.
- Carbs shut down the pathway as it is burning, and cause the fuel to be no longer available, causing people to overeat.
- With a low carb diet, you will become more insulin sensitive making your cells much more responsive to low levels of insulin.
- Try and find an essential Carbohydrate in any Journal of Medicine, I Dare you to try.
- Most people have a hard time giving up their carbs, just like any bad habit, but must be done.
In a Simple Nut Shell
- Carbs, once swallowed, become glucose or Blood Sugar.
- Insulin levels rise to clear the Blood of Sugar. Triggering a metabolical switch to flip and the body stops burning fat.
- Your muscles need fuel and tell you to eat.
- You Eat more carbs and again get no fuel.
- Fat has twice the Fuel muscles need. Carbohydrate e.g. sugar contains less than 4 calories, whilst fat contains 9 calories per gram.
For your Viewing Pleasure and Furthering the Education of "We the People"
The Paleo Diet Explained By A Bio-Chemist
Dr. Greg Ellis, PhD, Certified Nutritional Specialist
"Offering Focus and Clarity To Reluctant Preppers For What Matters Most"
About the Author
Every decision we make should err on the side of adaptability whether at work or at home, join a gym or take up hiking? The food we eat, should we grow it or hunt it? The decision-making paradigm we have chosen in life will determine the outcome of the crap-fest that may come our way, a job loss, medical problems, power outage from a storm, or even a zombie apocalypse. Therefore, every goal we set, skill we acquire, and piece of gear we purchase should be thought out, and truly fit our need to Survive.